We are a busy accountancy firm with two offices and a rapidly expanding Payroll portfolio. We are looking to recruit a payroll assistant to join our Honiton Office on a part time basis.
Initially your role will be to assist with the smooth running of weekly, monthly, and annual payrolls, auto-enrolment pensions and RTI. Over time you will build up your own portfolio of clients and take on the responsibility of the end to end processing of these payrolls.
Our payrolls are processed in Moneysoft and Xero. Experience of either of these programmes would be desirable, but not essential as full training can be given to the right candidate. Payroll qualifications are not required, but some previous payroll experience and a basic understanding of tax codes, national insurance and auto enrolment would be an advantage.
• Processing weekly and monthly payrolls
• Entering data to calculate SSP, SMP and SPP
• Submitting RTI information to HMRC.
• Processing pensions (multiple providers) to include new starters, leavers and regular contributions.
• Calculating holiday pay
• Liaising with clients, HMRC and pension providers.
• Providing administrative support to other members of the team if required
The ideal candidate will have
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise own workload and use own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Basic knowledge of tax codes, NI calculations, pension contribution calculations.
• Experience of payroll processing – ideally in Moneysoft and XERO (not essential but an advantage)
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other general computing skills (essential)
• Good communication skills, a friendly telephone manner and be able to work as part of a team
Expected Start Date: September
Job Type: Part time 10-16 hours per week initially
Salary: £8.20-£9.50 dependant on skills and experience
• Recent payroll experience (preferred)
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org